Woolworth Building â€” Pasadena, California
Historic Preservation Consultant
Project Name: Plaza Las Fuentes Phase II (Woolworthâ€™s Building)
Project Description: Project consisted of demolition of an existing 2-story retail building and the construction of a 6-story office and commercial building containing 270,000 square feet, 770 parking spaces in a 3-level subterranean garage.
Date of Service: January 23, 2002 to March 20, 2002
Scope of Service:
- Preservation and financing consulting on new construction project.
- Review and evaluate historic significance of building and determine to the necessary scope of preservation of the building in the context of the larger development project.
- Recommended and implemented various negotiations to accelerate the timeline in order to meet critical development deadlines.
- Evaluation of needs and negotiations with the City of Pasadena and Pasadena Heritage on compromise for building demolition.
- Contracted and managed historic preservation consultant to provide necessary HABS documentation per city requirements.
Duration of Involvement:
Total Construction Cost: