Combining NMTCs and Historic Credits
Combining New Markets Tax Credits with Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credits can provide additional monies to help close your funding gap. Many projects have successfully raised additional capital by “twinning” these two credits, even though these transactions tend to be complex. Historic Consultants can streamline structures such deals and has access to a broad range of tax credit investors for your project.
Benefits of twinning NMTC and HRTC
- Raise additional equity by twinning the credits.
- Tap more ways to leverage equity to the project.
- The “double-dipping” rule by the IRS does not apply.
Does your property qualify for money-saving tax credits?
Review this checklist and find out:
- Project must be in eligible low-income community. We can help with looking up your project’s location.
- Building must qualify for 10% or 20% historic tax credits.
- Gap in funding and NMTCs needed to make project succeed.
- Financing stays in place for 7 years.
- Brownfield buildings qualify.
Don’t miss any potential savings.
For more details on qualification, applicable tax rules and to initiate an application, contact Historic Consultants today.
HCI has made the preservation maze an educational and fulfilling part of our development process.
The assistance received from the professionals at Historic Consultants has streamlined the paperwork process to make historic rehabilitation a more rewarding experience for developers and property owners like ourselves.
‘Thank you’ just isn’t enough to express how eternally grateful I am for the assistance, persistence and professionalism you demonstrated.
I just wanted to let you know that what you did for me cannot compare to anything else anybody has done for me. You worked so hard and never I suspected or felt you got tired. To tell you the truth at one point I got tired of everything. You gave me hope and you made me believe this can happen. I will never forget all what you done for me. I always thought I believed in myself but you helped me to a higher level and I will always remember that.